Our 6th annual Jazz Festival will be held in Martinborough from 1 – 4 September 2016. This year’s event presents an interesting mix of jazz styles at a wide range of venues in our small wine village, and includes top quality performers from Wellington, Auckland, Christchurch and the Wairarapa.
It will be a weekend of varied, entertaining jazz, both day and night, with:
- 30 free gigs at over 14 different local restaurants and bars, with 16 artists that include:
- 4 ticketed gigs at The Village Cafe featuring
Please note that:
- The The Village Cafe in Kitchener Street will be our main venue this year as the 1912 Martinborough Town Hall is closed for strengthening and renovation (all proceeds from the 2016 festival will be donated to this project).
- We suggest you buy your tickets well in advance for the feature acts performing at The Village Cafe rather than hope for door sales, due to the reduced seating available this year.
- Food and refreshments are available at all venues, but you should book to be sure of a table
- All patrons of The Village Cafe must have a ticket to attend a ticketed gig
Friday 12 August 2016, Kuranui College Auditorium, Greytown
A remarkable day of jazz for all Wairarapa secondary schools, coordinated by Bruce McMichael of Jazz in Martinborough and supported by tutors from the Jazz School of the New Zealand School of Music. The day begins at 2pm with a workshop for Wairarapa college jazz musicians (with special tutor Roger Fox), followed by a combined performance at 6pm.
Everyone is welcome but seating is limited … so make sure you come early!