Always a favourite at the Brewery, and representing Trad, Swing and Dixie Jazz like no other group at the festival, the Remutaka All Stars Dixie Swing Band returns to delight and entertain again in 2019.
Formed in early 2017, this group of well-known and like-minded Wairarapa musicians aim to a gap in the musical scene for the sounds of Dixie, Trad and Swing jazz.
Their repertoire includes many well known numbers from some of the great composers including Cole Porter, Scott Joplin, and Benny Goodman, with songs such as Ain’t She Sweet, Sheik of Araby, Tiger Rag, Hot Tin Blues, Saints Go Marching In, So Do I , Sweet Sue, Baby Face, Five Foot Two, and many more.
You will find it hard to stop your foot tapping in time to their captivating, swinging sounds!
- Stefan Brown – Guitar, banjo, vocals (Ebony, Kingsford Brown Trio)
- Hartley Towersey – Clarinet, tenor sax, vocals (Ruamahanga River Band)
- Dave Mills – Keyboards (Kit and Kaboodle)
- Vaughan Robertson – Trombone (Kingsford Brown Trio, Ruamahanga River Band)
- Rod Lawrence – Bass (Ruamahanga River Band, Ratchet)
- Vic Singe – Percussion (DeSotos, Warratahs)