JIM’s major event is our annual jazz festival, which is usually held at the beginning of spring and includes both ticketed concerts and many free gigs at local bars, cafes and other venues in Martinborough.
JIM also helps to develop young jazz talent through its College Jazz Showcase (‘FreshJam’), which is held a few weeks before the festival at Kuranui College in Greytown.
Check out the artists and memories from previous Jazz in Martinborough Festvals from the list below:
- JiM 2019 – NZ School of Music Big Band – Music Director Rodger Fox, Jan Preston – 88 Pianos I Have Known, The Zak Pack – Let’s Misbehave
- JiM 2018 – Noir, Miho Wada’s Jazz Orchestra, Rodger Fox FunkBone Experience
- JiM 2017 – Dancing and Drinking Society, Nigel Patterson Quartet, Sue Pugmire Jazz Combo
- JiM 2016 – Black Spider Stomp, Sing, Sing, Sing – Reuben Bradley Sextet, The Wellington City Shake-‘Em-On-Downers, Jhan Lindsay Quintet
- JiM 2015 – The David Feehan Band, Ol’ King Cole Trio with Stephanie Bishop, The Wellington City Shake-‘Em-On-Downers
- JiM 2014 – Dixie Street Jazz Band, Royal New Zealand Air Force Swing Band, Things are Swinging – Erna Ferry (w/ Roger Fox), The Wellington City Shake-‘Em-On-Downers
- JiM 2013 – Women In Jazz – Tessa Quayle, Carolina Moon, Susan de Jong, Sons of Sinatra – James Tait-Jamieson & Rodger Fox w/Liz Kirkman, The Rodger Fox Wellington Jazz Orchestra
- JiM 2012 – Tessa Quayle, Fiona Pears, Hot Club Sandwich
- JiM 2011 – Dixie Street Jazz Band, Fiona Pears